10/05/2016

New Book Spotlight: Livia's Kitchen (& her cashew butter flapjack recipe)


I eat all healthy foods. Literally. There is nothing that I don't like. The idea of eating clean may sound like a nightmare for most veggie haters but not to me, give me sprouts and celery any day. There is just one problem. I am an absolute chocoholic, sweetaholic, cupcake and cookie monster. Unfortunately, eating clean means my choice of sweet foods is limited to products such as dates, fruits and cacao. I have to say this does not tend to hit the spot. And then one day, I came across Livia's Kitchen. She makes clean-eating desserts and sweet treats and quite frankly you can't tell the difference. And so I thought I would share with you a recipe and shed a little light on her new book that I can not wait to get my hands on. Order online here: Livia's Kitchen, £13.60



100g oat flour
300g oats
100g coconut sugar
200g cashew butter
150ml maple syrup
40g desiccated coconut
3 teaspoons vanilla powder
70g coconut oil
125g raw chocolate broken into chunks
pinch of salt
  • Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease or line a baking tin.
  • Start by adding the oats, oat flour, desiccated coconut, raw chocolate chunks, vanilla powder and salt to a bowl.
  • Set the dry mix aside and then add the maple, coconut sugar, coconut oil and cashew butter to a pan on a low to medium heat.
  • Once all of the wet mixture has melted and is fully combined, pour it into the bowl with the dry mix and stir until it is all well mixed.
  • Pour into the tin and flatten the surface.
  • Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and slightly soft to the touch - I found 23 minutes was perfect for me.
  • Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Slice into squares and then leave to cool entirely.



You can also buy her tubs at several stockists such as Selfridges and Harvey Nics.



ARW x

No comments:

Post a Comment