24/05/2016

Cannes for the weekend: Day one

I love airports. I have my little routine that makes travelling all the more enjoyable for me. I potter around duty-free, occasionally I pick up an unneeded perfume and then hop off to WHSmith to buy magazines and gum and a large water, followed swiftly by a Boots visit to pick up travel 'essentials' such as hair shine spray that are on a 3 for 2 offer. Finally and most preferably I saunter over to my chosen food counter and feast on snacks galore.

Before I knew it we were boarding and I rushed through the gates (unneeded perfume in arms) and fell straight asleep before arriving in sunny Cannes.


I have been coming here since I was little and there is a really homey and familiar smell in the air of hot, wet pavement, patisserie, lavender and a little sea salt. I happily snapped coast line pics and upon arrival dragged my reluctant boyfriend down the road to buy almond croissants, fruit, cheeses, meats and of course a baguette.


After unpacking, unloading and snapping we wandered down to Juan Les Pins to sit at a beach-side cafe and browse the shops.




We spend the rest of the day enjoying the pool and our beach bats (which I have a talent for) before getting ready for the tonight's real Cannes glamour.


Eyes-peeled for celebrities and dressed for a premiere, Baoli was our destination of choice. I love the draping canopies illuminated in artificial pink light and the music that they randomly turn up whilst setting the bar alight!



We start with a sushi platter before gorging on fillet steak and truffle macaroni all washed down with passionfruit cocktail for me, whiskey sour for him. We finished with a cheesecake and a cafe gourmand with macaron lollipops.




We spent the rest of the evening strolling down the Croisette celeb-spotting, before heading off home to curl up in bed and nurse our sleepy, heavy heads.


No comments:

Post a Comment