11/07/2016

A Monday Mess



I know wholeheartedly I am not alone in my hatred of Mondays. Not all Mondays, in fact next Monday is going to be epic (first day of my long-awaited holiday)! However, I do dislike most Mondays. I feel lethargic, rooms are cluttered with weekend outfits and Sunday night pig outs and worst of all your body is shocked into an early regimented wakeup. I struggle to pull together my wispy thoughts into a cohesive blog post most Mondays and so for today here it is: My Monday Mess.

Monday vibes













Monday appropriate attire





Monday's messy dinner


Martha Stewart's one-pot pasta

 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
4 1/2 cups water
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving

Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil. Serve with oil and Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment